As a STEAM FC Educator, you will assist the FC Dallas Foundation in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM FC education program, which leverages the game of soccer, the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Toyota Stadium to spark an interest in 6th-graders for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. This position centers on various capacities: leading visiting school groups through a tour of the stadium, lesson instruction, National Soccer Hall of Fame experience and soccer movement lab. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, and desires to provide a quality educational experience for the participants of STEAM FC.
What you’ll Do:
· Provide teachers, students, and parents program content.
· Present STEAM FC tours/workshops.
· Facilitate programming to 6th-graders.
· Create and maintain positive relationships with STEAM FC constituents.
· Maintain and organize supplies needed for programs activities and demonstrations.
· Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEAM concepts behind the game of soccer.
· All STEAM FC staff members are expected to interact with program visitors and assist with various projects as needed.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Dependable, energetic, and enjoy working with people of all ages.
· Initiative, self-motivated, and a proactive thinker.
· A team player who is collaborative, organizational, and communicative.
· Enthusiastic, respectful, and professional towards a wide variety of audiences with a commitment to customer service.
· Passionate for inspiring, empowering and educating 6th-graders via the STEAM FC platform.
· Able to work a flexible schedule during weekdays.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience.
· Experience working with school-aged children and the public in a learning environment.
· Public speaking skills, specifically working in group settings.
· Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
· Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
· Able to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help when necessary.
· Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology.
· Fully vaccinated candidates highly preferred.