FC Dallas Foundation is seeking qualified, part-time STEAM FC Educators to assist the FC Dallas Foundation in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM FC education program, which leverages the game of soccer, the National Soccer Hall of Fame and Toyota Stadium to spark an interest in 6th-graders for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. The job centers on various capacities: leading visiting school groups through a tour of the stadium, lesson instruction, National Soccer Hall of Fame experience and soccer movement lab.
Successful candidates are dependable, energetic, self-motivated, like working with people of all ages, show initiative, and possess excellent verbal and written skills. The ideal candidate is passionate about education, and desires to provide a quality educational experience for the participants of STEAM FC.
FC Dallas is committed to following all safety health protocols as required by the CDC, as well as, city and state guidelines.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
· Comfortable providing teachers, students, and parents program content
· Present STEAM FC tours/workshops
· Facilitate programming to 6th-graders
· Create and maintain positive relationships with STEAM FC constituents
· Maintain and organize supplies needed for programs activities and demonstrations
· Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEAM concepts behind the game of soccer
· All STEAM FC staff members are expected to interact with program visitors and assist with various projects as needed
Additional duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience
· 1 year of related work experience preferred
· Experience working with school-aged children and the general public in a learning environment • Experience with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology as needed
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Passion for inspiring, empowering and educating 6th-graders via the STEAM FC platform
· Ability to work enthusiastically, respectfully and professionally with a wide variety of audiences
· Public speaking skills and experience working in group settings
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
· Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help as needed
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team work environment
. The ability to work a flexible schedule during weekdays