As FC Dallas’ Manager of Content Strategy, you will be responsible for nurturing talent while creating and executing content strategies across digital, social and broadcast media. As a leader on the editorial team, you will use a mix of data-driven insights along with a keen understanding of multiplatform content creation to help tell the story of FC Dallas, North Texas SC, the National Soccer Hall of Fame and other affiliated properties.
This career-defining opportunity is a chance to elevate an established brand with a team of passionate content creators. This position requires a creative strategist who can liaise throughout the organization to edit and organize multimedia content plans while meeting deadlines and maintaining flexibility on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a talented team of content creators.
- Manage content calendars and daily editorial staff workflow.
- Strategize, ideate, conceptualize and execute multimedia content for FC Dallas and its affiliated properties.
- Look for revenue-driving opportunities from a content creation perspective by working with sales and partnership teams to create content that achieves partner goals.
- Create and maintain FC Dallas’ brand standards, protecting our assets to ensure consistent messaging internally and externally.
- Oversee execution of the right tone and content for each digital/social channel, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and FCDallas.com.
- Coordinate with Senior Social Media Coordinator, FCDallas.com writer, videographers and freelancers to distribute content across all platforms and ensure coverage of all properties.
- Oversee management of website maintenance.
- Liaise with broadcast and marketing teams on content production.
- A storyteller - comfortable experimenting with emerging media platforms but critical enough to pivot away from non-resonant tactics.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced, breaking news environment.
- Deadline-driven and can work under pressure while juggling multiple projects for multiple business verticals simultaneously.
- Constantly looking for innovative ways to engage fans, drive revenue and entertain our community.
- A sports fan with an affinity for soccer.
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays in addition to “traditional” Monday-Friday hours.
- A team player who is collaborative, consultative and communicative.
- A disciplined and empathetic manager who can develop talent within the team and across virtual teams.
- A content creator yourself who can write, edit video and possibly shoot video, when needed.
- A self-starter and proactive thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, sports media or digital media
- 5-7 years’ experience in social/digital content creation, marketing or brand strategy
- At least two years of managing content strategy
- Experienced with a variety of content management software and HTML
- Experience working in professional or collegiate sports
- Excellent language skills (bilingual in Spanish and English a plus)