All internships for Frisco Bowl are unpaid internships and must be used to receive college credit from an accredited university. The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment, and marketing industry. All candidate hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights, weekends, and holidays will be required.
The Frisco Bowl is looking for a Marketing/Digital Media Intern to assist the team with marketing and social media initiatives to promote the bowl game and increase brand awareness. The intern will report to the Executive Director and assist with day-to-day objectives of the bowl game. The internship will take place from January to May, 2022.
What you’ll do:
- Detailed and hands-on operations within the Marketing Department.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies to increase overall brand awareness of Frisco Bowl and its events.
- Marketing and promotional efforts such as: advertising, marketing communications and promotions.
- Conceptualize, capture and execute multimedia projects for online, social media, games, in-stadium presentation and more.
- Assist with creation of media items including TV, Radio, Print and Digital.
- Assist in developing website and social media content for the Frisco Bowl.
- Assist in creation and execution of in-game script, promotions, and entertainment.
- Assist in the implementation of all sponsor marketing activities for the game.
- Assist in coordinating Frisco Bowl’s marketing research projects.
- Assist in development and execution of all community promotions.
- Assist in the coordination of Frisco Bowl promotions team.
- Assist in the scheduling and organization of logistics and during promotions.
- Assist in promotions as related to the various Frisco Bowl marketing activities.
- Assist with creation of recap books of all media, collateral, and licensing items.
- Energetic, a self-starter, and confident student.
- Collaborative, innovative and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Deadline-driven, content creator and capable of working under pressure while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Required to be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an active college student. Preferably pursing a degree and/or career in Sports Marketing, Digital Media, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Must receive college credit for internship with our team.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to start date with FC Dallas.
- Excellent interpersonal plus verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint are a must.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop, social media, other networking sites, writing, editing, and typing skills.