All internships for Frisco Bowl are unpaid internships and must be used to receive college credit from an accredited university. The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports, entertainment, and marketing industry. All candidate hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule. Some nights, weekends, and holidays will be required.
The Frisco Bowl is looking for an Events Intern to assist with the planning and preparation of events for bowl game activities. The intern will report to the Executive Director and assist with day-to-day objectives of the bowl game. The internship will take place from January to May 2022.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the planning and preparation for the Frisco Bowl Golf Classic (May, 2022).
- Provide support and recap of the recently held Frisco Bowl Events.
- Exposure to the management of all events and logistical needs including, but not limited to, entertainment, catering, décor, signage, audio/visual, gifts, volunteers, guest services, and events spaces.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all events related to the Frisco Bowl.
- Provide support for the team host hotels, including room planning & logistics, meeting spaces, players’ lounges, and hospitality lounges.
- Develop players’ lounge hosting and management plans.
- Develop Coaches Hospitality Lounge hosting and management plans.
- Assist in the development & direction of events including, but not limited to, Team Arrival Dinner, Player Gift Suite, Kids Day Out, Ladies Day Out, Joint Team Dinner, Charity & Hospital Visits, VIP Reception, and PreGame Party.
- Assist with researching, ordering, and managing inventory of promotional giveaway items.
- Provide assistance to the Events & Guest Services Coordinator.
- Organized, resourceful, and passionate student.
- A self-starter and have a can-do attitude.
- Capable of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and working under pressure to ensure execution of events.
- Required to be able to work a flexible schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
Skills & Experience
- Must be an active college student. Preferably pursing a degree and/or career in Sports Management or Event Planning.
- Must receive college credit for internship with our team.
- Required to be fully vaccinated prior to start date with FC Dallas.
- Excellent interpersonal plus verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.