The Frisco Bowl, based in Frisco, Texas, began in 2017 with the mission of generating tourism for the North Texas area through an annual football game and supporting events. The Frisco Bowl is now accepting applications from candidates for its 2020 Social Media Internship. The Frisco Bowl and Toyota Stadium have created a unique hands on experience for students looking to gain experience in Sports, Marketing and Entertainment industry. We are looking for bright, passionate, hard-working students to be a part of our team through our internship program. Individuals will not be considered for a Frisco Bowl Internship position until an online employment application is completed.
All internships for the Frisco Bowl and the Toyota Stadium & Soccer Center are unpaid internships, and must be used to receive college credit from an accredited university. The internships allow the individual to gain valuable experience with a professional organization for their future in the sports industry. All candidates’ hours can be flexible to accommodate with your school or work schedule.
The Frisco Bowl is looking for a Social Media Intern to assist the team with marketing initiatives of the bowl game. The intern will report to the Executive Director and assist with day to day objectives of the bowl game.
· Assist in the development of marketing strategies to increase overall awareness of FRISCO BOWL and its events
· Integrate engaging market trends, best practices, insights, and recommendations into fan interactions
· Assist in coordinating FRISCO BOWL’s social media exposure (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram)
· Assist in creation and execution of social media content
· Assist in development and execution of all community program content
· Assist in promotions as related to the FRISCO BOWL
· Assist with creation of recap books of all media, collateral and licensing items
· Additional tasks as needed (ie. – coordination of social media content with bowl game website)
· Pursuing a degree and/or career in business-related areas, creative design, or journalism
· Must be able to receive class credit for internship
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator and typing skills
· Knowledge of photoshop, various social media platforms, and photo editing software a plus.
· Assist with research, presentation and implementation of marketing plan and budget for FRISCO BOWL events
· Assistance on special projects
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisor and senior management
Note: Preferred commitment of 40 hours a week consistent with academic demands/schedule.
Review of applications will continue until position(s) is/are filled. The Internship Program is UNPAID. The Frisco Bowl policy requires that all persons interested in employment complete an application through the Frisco Bowl’s online process for a position which has been advertised or posted and for which they are qualified. A resume alone is not sufficient to consider an individual as an applicant.
The Frisco Bowl is an Equal Opportunity Employer