FC Dallas is looking to hire a part-time Mascot performer. We are seeking a hardworking individual to provide top quality fun and entertainment as the team’s mascot, Tex Hooper. The individual in this position will be a world-class performer and ambassador for the organization at appearances representing the team with pride and passion. They are responsible for support of the marketing department and all mascot program management, which includes all appearances, game operation duties and general administration. The individual must have very flexible hours (many events are during the day and on weekends) and a reliable means of transportation as events are held throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
• Individual will have a desire to perform in front of an audience
• Friendly and charismatic personality, while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, inside and outside the suit
• Perform at matches, community events, private parties and more
• Procure, manage, and maintain costumes, outfits, props, and other items
• Manage appearance schedule and roster of back-up mascot performers
• Communicate with internal and external clients to book and schedule Hooper in a timely manner
• Provide creative ideas as it relates to growing the mascot program and how it can support the organization and its various departments.
• Assist with matchday scheduling, setup and breakdown
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with various groups of people
• Self-motivated, creative and able to perform in front of large crowds
• Strong teamwork skills required
• Ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
• Must exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
• Must be able to work majority of home matches and other events including week nights, weekends and holidays. Please note our mascot performs outside in summer months and must take into consideration the likelihood for high temperatures.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Live in Dallas-Fort Worth and have reliable transportation
• Must be able to withstand and perform within extreme heat conditions, rain, restrictive outfits, and impaired vision
• Ability to perform on feet in mentioned conditions for at least two hours at a time
• Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
• Must be able to go up and down stairs several times throughout the match
• Pushing/pulling/carrying and lifting may include up to 50 lbs.